Virtualization giant announces general availability of VMware Integrated OpenStack 2 to enable customers to Intelligently Manage Workloads
PALO ALTO, CA–(Marketwired – Sept. 14, 2015) – VMware, Inc. (
Featuring the industry's most complete product portfolio for implementing and operating a software-defined data center, VMware today has advanced the capabilities of:
- VMware Integrated OpenStack 2 – VMware Integrated OpenStack 2 is based on the OpenStack Kilo release, making it current with upstream OpenStack code, and includes an industry-first seamless upgrade capability from Icehouse. New enhancements make VMware-based OpenStack clouds more scalable, performant and resilient, with new features that improve IT's ability to gather meaningful and actionable data on cloud resource utilization. Try it here.
- VMware Site Recovery Manager 6.1 – VMware Site Recovery Manager 6.1 integrates with VMware NSX™ 6.2, enabling IT to use network virtualization to simplify disaster recovery management and accelerate recovery in the software-defined data center. It now also orchestrates the live migration of VMs at scale between sites by automating cross-vCenter™ vMotion® operations, enabling zero downtime disaster avoidance and data center migrations. VMware Site Recovery Manager 6.1 includes support for stretched cluster solutions including EMC VPLEX, Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform and IBM San Volume Controller. It now also interoperates with vSphere Storage Policy-Based Management to enable automatic, policy-based disaster protection for VMs. Learn more here.
- VMware Virtual SAN 6.1 – VMware Virtual SAN 6.1 increases data protection options for business-critical environments with the new Stretched Cluster feature providing zero-point Recovery Point Objective (RPO) and enhanced VMware vSphere® Replication™ providing five-minute RPO. Additionally, VMware Virtual SAN 6.1 enables new advanced management and monitoring through deep integration with VMware vRealize Operations and the new Virtual SAN Health Check Plug-In for performance monitoring, root cause analysis and capacity planning. Try the evaluation here.
- VMware vRealize Log Insight 3 – New features include double the scale and performance up to 15,000 messages per second, improvements in fault tolerance around clustering, new charting options and query snapshots, improved integration with VMware vRealize Operations, and enhanced Big Data style query execution. Learn more here.
- VMware vRealize Operations 6.1 – With new Intelligent Workload Management capabilities, VMware vRealize Operations 6.1 enables customers to visualize how their workloads are loaded across clusters, VMware vCenter Servers and data centers. The new release recommends optimal placement of workloads and balances the workloads across clusters. Operating system and application monitoring is now available natively in VMware vRealize Operations 6.1 to help IT proactively identify and avoid potential issues across infrastructure and application stacks. Learn more here.
- VMware vSphere APIs for IO Filtering – VMware vSphere APIs for IO Filtering enables ecosystem partners including Asigra, EMC, Infinio, PrimaryIO, Samsung, SanDisk and StorageCraft to offer third-party software-based data services such as replication and caching. These data services are fully integrated in vSphere and managed through vSphere Storage Policy-Based Management, which is the same framework used to manage all the software-defined storage services in vSphere.
New Coursework and Hands-on Labs Now Available
VMware Education Services will be offering an instructor-led course on VMware Site Recovery Manager 6.1. The course "VMware Site Recovery Manager: Install, Configure, Manage [V6.1]" will be available at www.vmware.com/education on September 28.
Customers, partners and prospects can also test drive the newly available solutions such as VMware Integrated OpenStack, VMware Site Recovery Manager, VMware Virtual SAN and VMware vRealize Operations Insight™ via the VMware Hands-on Labs Online. VMware Hands-on Labs is the easiest way to explore new and existing products at no charge.
VMware is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. Built on VMware's industry-leading virtualization technology, our solutions deliver a brave new model of IT that is fluid, instant and more secure. Customers can innovate faster by rapidly developing, automatically delivering and more safely consuming any application. With 2014 revenues of $6 billion, VMware has more than 500,000 customers and 75,000 partners. The company is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices throughout the world and can be found online at www.vmware.com.
VMware, Site Recovery Manager, Virtual SAN, vRealize, Log Insight, vRealize Operations, NSX, vCenter, vMotion, vSphere, vSphere Replication, VMworld, and Operations Insight are registered trademarks or trademarks of VMware, Inc. in the United States and other jurisdictions. All other marks and names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective companies. The use of the word "partner" or "partnership" does not imply a legal partnership relationship between VMware and any other company.