The container application and Docker container standards are being developed, deployed and adopted at an ever increasingly fast pace. To help you keep up with major developments in the container technology industry, our analysts research, summarize and report on changes in the industry including container security, deployment, strategies, and networking.
Focus On Containers' Container and Docker Container News & Analysis will become an invaluable resource for you as you carve out your niche in the marketplace.
Here are a few samples of what you will find in our Container News & Analysis:
HALF MOON BAY, Calif. – Pitching the benefits of Docker containers to chief information officers, Docker CEO Ben Golub wowed a somewhat skeptical audience of CIOs at a Wall Street Journal conference with Docker’s audacious ambition. Read more
Simon Hørup Eskildsen’s recent blog titled “Why Docker is Not Succeeding Widely in Production” gives a good overview of the state of Docker adoption. With his experience with production Docker implementations at Spotify, he uses this blog to explain the challenges Docker needs to overcome before it becomes widely adopted. Read more
At the recent DockerCon Europe conference, Docker Inc. announced a “comprehensive security offering that includes … hardware signing of container images, content auditing through image scanning, and vulnerability detection and granular access control policies with user namespaces.”
Certainly in the long run this will be an important feature set for enterprises; what’s not clear is the timing. Read more
In a boost to Docker networking, ecosystem partner Weaveworks has released the first plug-in that allows IT personnel to launch containerized applications without installing a database to track individual containers and give them IP addresses. Read more
Docker is no longer a container company. Today’s acquisition of Unikernel Systems, toolmaker for “unikernels,” signaled again that Docker isn’t just container technology (the free, open source part) but aspires to become a platform (mostly proprietary and for-pay) for building hybrid distributed applications. Read more
Container News & Analysis Index:
- Container and Docker Container Security and Management
- CloudPassage Adds Docker Security
- Docker Expands its Security Platform
- Focus Docker security strategy on near-term
- The slow walk toward Docker security
- Threat Stack now covers threats to containers
- VMware CEO to Outline Need for a Comprehensive IT Security Architecture at RSA Conference
- What does security for containers mean?
- Container Application and Docker Container Networking
- Container Application Deployment Strategies
- Container Technology Industry Insights, Strategies & Commentaries
- Challenges lie ahead for Dell, EMC merger
- ClusterHQ - The Container Data People
- Container WARS
- Containers vs. VM's
- Disappearing act: Mesosphere vs. Kubernetes
- Docker CEO's message to CIOs falls short
- Don’t Stop Too Soon, Docker. Aim higher!
- Fighting over data center's operating system
- Going Container Naked: Four key value props
- Mesosphere's Conundrum
- VMware: Been There, Done That
- VMware: Too Little Too Late? or Just Enough?
- Who wants to be the next Bill Gates?